The success of the surgery can often depend on how well the patient is mentally and physically prepared for it. The rehabilitation will require the patient to rest properly, therefore one must plan ahead. However, that means more than just arranging your healthy diet beforehand.
Here are a few things that will help the patient to rehabilitate from the surgery:
- The patient and their family members must have a straight forward discussion with their doctor regarding the do’s and don’ts once the patient is discharged from the hospital after surgery. Know how long the recovery is expected to take and whether the patient will need specialist care and any other important instructions are involved.
- Take note of the things that make you happy at home or your hobbies. Ask if you will be able to perform those things. Being prepared beforehand is always a plus point. The patient’s peace of mind will allow them to rest properly as well as concentrate on their health. This makes it necessary to consider the things that will contribute to recovery after surgery.
- Be it having a tidy and hygienic environment at home or taking care of your pets if you’ve any or preparation of your timely meals, make sure you have enough supply of your requirements. Your family members or beloved ones might really be willing to help you. Know if they have the time or situation to be available for you. A patient might require 24 hours of assistance. Make sure the person assisting you has the required skills or time to help you.
Moreover, in order to relieve these pressures, it is better to consider having a professional Healthcare at Home.
Benefits of Post-surgical care at Home
The Post-surgical care at home will facilitate the patient with a trained, experienced and professional Nursing Staff for Homecare to help them rehabilitate at the comfort of their own home. Moreover, this also reduces the chances of re-admission in the hospital. Since long term stays at the hospital are costly. Therefore, Healthcare at Home services is cost-effective. Here is the benefit of having Post-surgical care at home.
- The nursing staff will administer timely medications
- They will handle changing bandages and dressing or undressing wounds
- Inserting and removing catheter bags
- They will regularly monitor important health vitals such as blood pressure, pulse rate, blood sugar level, etc.
- Nurses are qualified enough to monitor the infections, especially on surgical incisions to make sure the edges are not separation. Moreover, they will ensure that there are no signs of oozing
- They will follow up on post-operative instructions if any
- Taking blood and urine samples
- Nurses will ensure safe recovery of the patient by providing timely meals
- The staff will not only offer physical support but also emotional support
Coordinated Rehabilitation Programs
In addition to this, Home care services can include coordinated rehabilitation programs provided by certified professionals at Indo Global Homecare such as:
- Physiotherapy at home
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Manual Therapy
- Specialist Services
- Post-surgical Care
- Nursing staff and trained attendants at home
Services offered by Post Surgical care
This type of care provides the patient with 24 hours of professional assistance. The caregiver will manage the day-to-day activities, allowing the patient to rest and recover until they regain their physical strength and independence. The services provided include:
- Assisting in toileting, bathing, and showering
- Help in getting dressed and undressed
- General grooming
- Assistance in mobility while standing, sitting or going up and down the stairs
- Light Housekeeping
- Preparation of timely meals and assistance with eating and drinking
- Light gardening
- Providing timely medications
- Assistance in traveling for appointments
- Helping in grocery shopping
One must, however, keep in mind that complications can interrupt the post-surgical recovery period and therefore it may take longer than the expected time period.
Some patients require instant care arranged for them soon after discharge from the hospital until they transition to a permanent condition.
If friends or family are not available for the patient, hiring expert care at their home is one of the best reliable, available and most cost-effective ways to ensure a quick recovery. Therefore, before you go into hospital and have the necessary arrangements done for your recovery.
Indo Global Homecare
Indo Global Homecare is a leading provider of top quality Post-surgical homecare services in Delhi NCR. Our highly-skilled, professional and verified nurses provide expert clinical care one needs in the comfort of their own home to allow you to make a quick return to their best health. We provide Best Post-surgical Care at extremely affordable prices. We offer both part-time and full-time assistance. Contact us now for more information.